The White House has claimed “bananas” to the court ruling that bans another President Donald Trump’s order, which intends barring funding for cities that shelter illegal immigrants.
A San Francisco Federal Judge has placed January’s executive order in limbo, but the White House is vowing to appeal over this ruling.
On Tuesday, Federal Judge William Orrick issued a temporary injunction against the presidential order as the case continues in the courts.
San Francisco and Santa Clara County sued in February.
The Trump administration has warned so-called sanctuary cities they could lose federal funds if they do not cooperate with federal immigration officials.
White House chief of staff Reince Priebus over the San Francisco-based appeals court’s decision to ban Trump’s orders, “It’s the 9th Circuit going bananas,” he said.
As the Trump administration trying to hold the allocated $1.2bn (£940m) for San Francisco and $1.7bn to Santa Clara County, which is a safe home of Silicon Valley communities.
This is for the third time Trump got a defeat in federal court, as twice before he also faced a overruling decision over his ban for seven Muslim Majority countries. This time the appeal court Judge said, “Federal funding… cannot be threatened merely because a jurisdiction chooses an immigration enforcement strategy of which the President disapproves,” the judge wrote.
Judge Orrick’s ruling allowed the justice department to overrule the decision of Trump administration that threats to 9 cities, to cooperate with federal immigration officials in deportation of illegal immigrants from these areas specially the one involved in violent crimes, other wise government will hold several fundings allocated for these cities.
In a last week press release, the department accused sanctuary cities of “crumbling under the weight of illegal immigration and violent crime”.