UK delivered article 50 letter to EU, starting Brexit officially

UK delivered article 50 letter to EU, starting Brexit officially

Sir Tim Barrow on Left with Donald Tusk (Right)

In Brussels, the British Representative to the EU, Sir Tim Barrow, delivered a six-page letter of announcement the Article 50, to the president of European Union, Donald Tusk, this letter was recently signed by the British Prime Minister Theresa May, these documents will begin a two years  procedure of Brexit officially.

“The Article 50 process is now under way, and in accordance with the British people, the United Kingdom is leaving the European Union,” Theresa May said.

This decision finalised by British, after a 44 years of coalition with the EU, now Britain finally after the last years referendum has now decided to separate from the EU, which was officially told by this formal letter this morning.

Theresa May will be addressing to the house of Lords, over the major step of the state, in which she will ensure the MP to stay united at this crucial time.

British Prime Minister said that she will make some much bonding policy in the coming period, after Brexit, which will suit every individual, and she will also be discussing the new relations with EU after Brexit.

Last year’s referendum results were the majority of the members supported the decision of Brexit, that was 52 percent, and the remaining 48 percent were in support of remaining attached to the EU.

Business group’s president Paul Drechsler said the UK must set coming policies with EU in an “ambitious and level-headed” way. He added, “It is in the interests of businesses across Europe to work together in absolute determination to make a success of Brexit Our shared aim must be to forge a mutually beneficial deal that delivers barrier-free trade and safeguards prosperity for all,” he said.

TUC General Secretary Frances O’Grady said, The best deal must protect good jobs, with decent wages, by keeping our trade free from tariffs and unnecessary bureaucracy. And it must end the disgraceful uncertainty for workers from other EU nations who’ve made the UK their home.”

Austria’s chancellor Christian Kern said, For me, the status and rights of around 25,000 Austrians living and working in the UK are at the forefront. We also want to achieve clarity and legal certainty for Austrian companies operating in the UK.”

German foreign minister Sigmar Gabriel said, For many it is difficult to understand, especially in these turbulent times, how anyone can believe they would be better off alone. But this can’t be the basis for defining our future relationship.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Nikki Haley: Trump ‘does believe in climate change’

Donald Trump “believes the climate is changing” partly